News and events
We're hiring a Support Officer!
Hours: Part time, 22.5 hours per week
Salary: £28,561 - £31,500 pro-rata
Location: Hybrid - mostly home based with work in Edinburgh office/in person events as required by the role.
Closing: 17:00, 23 February 2024
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Support Officer to join our team to support Zero Tolerance’s work to promote gender equality and primary prevention of men’s violence in youth work, education, and the early years.
You will support the development and delivery of the Zero Tolerance Under Pressure programme for youth workers. Alongside the Children and Young People: Policy and Practice Officer, you will monitor current trends and concerns for youth workers in the area of violence against women and girls (VAWG), identifying key areas to address through Under Pressure training.
The successful candidate will organise training sessions and develop materials to support training and other sessions with youth workers. You will develop and maintain effective working relationships with freelance trainers and partner organisations and represent Zero Tolerance at Children and Young People events as required.
Zero Tolerance is a Scottish charity working to end men’s violence against women by promoting gender equality and challenging attitudes which normalise violence and abuse. We are a values-led organisation and seek to improve the way we integrate feminism, equality, and diversity into our work. We ensure our HR policies and practices reflect our values (including enhanced parental leave, miscarriage, and menopause policies and flexible working) and our salary framework is fair and competitive. We are committed to staff learning and development and have recently launched a paid reading week for all staff and a whole team training programme about feminist leadership.
Zero Tolerance has a commitment to diversity and challenging all forms of inequality alongside gender inequality. We are open to as many different voices as there are experiences, but particularly welcome applications from Minority Ethnic, LGBT, disabled, migrant, and other backgrounds currently underrepresented within the women’s sector.
1. We will lead campaigning in Scotland to end all forms of violence against women and girls (VAWG) by raising public and political awareness of its cause and challenging gender inequality.
2. We will challenge and support key institutions to embed VAWG prevention in their work.
3. We will advance and share the evidence base on preventing VAWG.
4. We will make Zero Tolerance a place where feminist leadership happens.
What we need
The successful candidate will have Experience of organising training or events and developing resources with knowledge and understanding of violence against women and gender equality. You’ll be a skilled communicator with the ability to create accessible and engaging resources and the ability to present complex ideas to a variety of audiences.
You will also have:
· A shared understanding of our vision, values, aims and positions
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Organisational skills, managing both reactive and planned work
· Attention to detail
What do we offer?
· Competitive salary with annual pay progression. We operate a grading structure based on five salary grades. New employees start on point 1 of each salary grade and receive annual increments until the top of the grade is reached. This role is Grade 2, pro rata of £28,561 - £31,500)
· Staff pension scheme (6% employers’ contribution)
· 28 days annual leave plus 10 public holidays (pro-rata) and a flexible working hours policy
· We actively encourage continuous professional development for all our employees and have implemented a paid reading week as well as continuous training opportunities for individual learning and whole team development.
How to apply
Closing date is: Friday 23rd February 2024 at 5pm
For a full job description, application form and details of how to apply, please visit our Careers page Zero Tolerance careers - hireful.
Square Peg HR is our recruitment partner for this vacancy and application forms will be returned to Square Peg HR’s recruitment platform.
If you have any questions about the opportunity or the process itself, please contact Carolyn Hughes firstname.lastname@example.org.