News and events
One Week to Go! Tuesday's Featured Category: Best Blog
Tuesday: Best Blog
In the digital age, it is no longer just professional journalists and traditional news outlets shaping public attitudes about VAW. Bloggers are also producing high quality work which confronts violence and gender inequality.
The public is invited to nominate a blog post (just one post, not the whole blog!) that was published between 1/9/14 and 1/09/15 for the 2015 Best Blog award.
Strong blog posts will
- Use language carefully in a way that does not blame survivors.
- Challenge myths and stereotypes
- Provide a bigger picture view, and place individual cases in a wider national and international context.
- Highlight the both the gendered nature of violence against women (and GBV) as well its root causes.
- Be well written, original and contribute to raising awareness of gender based violence and/or gender inequality.
Terms & Conditions
- Must be published between 01/09/14 and 01/09/15
- Author must not have received financial compensation for the piece.
- Personal blogs accepted, but must be freely available online.
- Must have been written in, or primarily for a Scottish audience.
It only takes five minutes to nominate yours or another’s writing. To find out how, please visit the How to Enter Page.
To find out more about the kind of excellent blog posts that we are looking for, have a read of our Best Blog winners from 2013 (Sarah Lauren Scott) and 2014 (Elli Wilson). The entire shortlists for both years are available here.
The winners will be announced at the awards ceremony at the Scottish Parliament on 10 December 2015.