Train the Trainer Programme
About the Under Pressure Training
Under Pressure is a free training programme run by Zero Tolerance which aims to support professionals working with young people to open discussions with them about some of the challenges and pressures they may be facing. The Under Pressure training for trainers programme takes participants through a robust introduction to gender and gender based abuse, including exploration of the potential risks of grooming and sexual exploitation, negotiating online safety, engaging in healthy consent-based relationships, and dealing with the pressures to conform to idealised models of ‘how to be’ men and women.
What the course involves:
One full day of training on the Under Pressure training for trainers course.
We ask you to commit to delivering at least one full day of Under Pressure training to youth work staff within 3 months of completing the training.
Who is it for?
We welcome applications from anyone who has a remit to provide training for practitioners working with young people - this may include youth workers, social workers, residential care workers, support workers, third sector and local authority staff working with young people.
Those eligible to apply will:
- Have experience of working with young people.
- Have previous experience of delivering training to staff/ agency professionals.
- Have a remit in their current role to deliver training for staff working with young people.
- Have a commitment to ending gender inequality and violence against women and girls (VAWG).
Trainers will receive:
- Specialist training on issues related to abuse and exploitation in young people’s relationships.
- Access to Under Pressure training resources for use with practitioners and young people.
- Access to and support from the online Under Pressure Trainers network.
This training is an excellent opportunity to roll out a high quality course for your staff team and learning community, obtain a great set of resources for tackling abuse and exploitation in young people’s relationships in informal education, and make a real difference in the lives of young people.
The training is free but we may charge a £20 administration fee in the case of cancellation without at least 48 hours notice.
Zero Tolerance is the owner of all Under Pressure training materials and resources. Access to the materials is granted to enable trainers to deliver free training to youth work practitioners. Trainers who complete the Under Pressure course may not use the materials to run ‘paid for’ training.
Book your place
If you are interested in co-organising delivery of this training in your area or if you want more information, please get in touch with Jo Zawadzka on firstname.lastname@example.org