News and events
2018 Under Pressure training dates
- 28th August, Glasgow; The Spark 2 Waterloo Street, Glasgow, G2 7DA *** This training is now full ***
- 25th Sept, Aberdeen (exact location TBC) - deadline for applications 9 September
- 24th Oct, Fife; Lomond Centre, Woodside Way, Glenrothes KY7 5RA *** This training is now full***
- 6th November, Edinburgh; Augustine United Church, 41 George IV Bridge
Edinburgh, EH1 1EL
- 20th November, Glasgow; The Spark, 72 Waterloo Street, Glasgow, G2 7DA
- 4th December, Fife; Decimal Youth Club, (next to Victoria hall) Coaltown of Balgonie, KY7 6HT.
Women’s campaign groups, equalities organisations, and individual gender advocates in Scotland do amazing things, often with very limited resources, and little attention. We are planning to highlight some of the people and groups making women’s equality happen, to celebrate their work and inspire others to take action. We’ll be doing this on Monday using the hashtag
Over the past decades there have been dramatic changes to public attitudes around some aspects of men’s violence against women. Yet domestic abuse, sexual violence and other forms of violence against women are still prevalent in Scotland today, especially for groups of women who face other forms of discrimination; women with learning disabilities, women who sell sex, lesbian, bisexual and trans (LBT) and black and minority ethnic women.
Violence against Women and Girls: Leadership for Prevention
At Zero Tolerance our vision is of a world free of violence against women and we work to achieve this through primary prevention - challenging the social attitudes and structures which permit this violence to occur. On 11 October Zero Tolerance will bring together leaders, professionals and policy-makers across a range of sectors to explore primary prevention at a one day conference at Victoria Quay, Edinburgh.
The sixth Write to End Violence Against Women Awards are now open!