News and events
Under Pressure 2018 training dates
2018 Under Pressure training dates
- 20th November, Glasgow; The Spark, 72 Waterloo Street, Glasgow, G2 7DA
- 4th December, Fife; Decimal Youth Club, (next to Victoria hall) Coaltown of Balgonie, KY7 6HT.
This course is for staff who would like to use the Under Pressure training programme to increase the skills and awareness of their staff/ learning community around abuse and exploitation in young people’s intimate relationships, as well as providing activity resources for those frontline staff to use with young people to help work towards preventing VAWG (violence against women and girls) by raising awareness of VAWG, changing attitudes towards it, and examining ideas to do with gender inequality.
As it is a train the trainer course, we are looking for participants with previous experience delivering training to professionals, and a good knowledge of issues to do with violence against women and girls (VAWG) who, upon receiving the train the trainer model, are ready to ‘pick up an go’ and cascade the training to their own colleagues.
For this course we are looking for experienced trainers and frontline practitioners to join our network of Under Pressure Trainers delivering the Under Pressure Training Course with their staff/ other professionals and practitioners in their local area, and using the activities contained within Under Pressure with young people.
The course involves:
- One full day of free training on the Under Pressure course, with a follow up day to feedback on the experience of delivering Under Pressure and top up on key issues.
- Delivery of at least one, full day, under pressure session with staff and return accompanying evaluation materials to Zero Tolerance within 6 weeks of you delivering your training.
Places on this course are limited. Those eligible to apply will:
- Have experience of working with young people.Have previous experience of delivering training to staff/ professionals.
- Have an understanding of and commitment to ending gender inequality and violence against women.
Please note: The reason we ask for applicants to be already experienced trainers and already have a good working knowledge of issues to do with violence against women and girls, is because the Under Pressure model is a train the trainer model; designed for trainers to be able to deliver it confidently to their staff team. If candidates do not have a knowledge of VAWG or have not delivered training before, it can feel a big jump to then be expected to deliver training on VAWG and complex issues as contained in the Under Pressure model.
Trainers will receive:
- Specialist training on issues to do with abuse and exploitation in young people’s relationships from lead organisations in youth work and violence against women.
- Under Pressure training resources for use with members of staff and young people to help prevent sexual exploitation.
- Access to and support from the online Under Pressure Trainers network.
- Training top up and call back days.
- Certification from Zero Tolerance.
This course is bookable by application form only and a screening process will be undertaken before places are allocated. Please apply via the booking form below.
To apply, please return an application form to TJ Frame at firstname.lastname@example.org Please specify which training session you would like to attend.
For further information please feel free to contact Zero Tolerance using the contact details below:
0131 556 7365