News and events
One week to go: Sunday's featured category - Women and Migration
Zero Tolerance and the Scottish Refugee Council have launched a new gender equality category for the 2016 Write Awards: Women and Migration. This category aims to promote women’s voices on migration, and particularly welcomes entries from black and minority ethnic women and anyone with personal experience of migration. Media coverage of migration is too often dominated by xenophobic rhetoric, which fuels racist attacks and related forms of anti-immigrant discrimination. It is only by changing the narrative around migration and promoting migrant voices and experiences that we can hope to address this issue.
The terms and conditions for this category are:
- Submissions may be on either a personal experience of migration or the topic of women in migration.
- Author may or may nothave received financial compensation for the piece
- Articles must be published, either in print or online, in a Scottish publication or primarily reaching a Scottish audience.
- Article can be “hard news”, blog, comment, opinion or a more lengthy feature piece.
- Must have been written in Scotland, or primarily for a Scottish audience.
Deadline for Submissions: 30th September, 2016
You can nominate your own writing or someone else’s, and you can make as many nominations as you like!
For full details, please visit our How to Enter page.