Saturday 16th March, 10:30-4pm.
Augustine United Church, 41 George IV Bridge
10:30- 10:45 Welcome
1) Visibility and employability- women and the workplace.
Emma Ritch, Close the Gap and Deborah Clark, ELREC
2) Online worlds- creep shots, fan pics and the law.
Maxine Connor, Angus Women’s Aid
3) Domestic abuse-what does it look like?
Nel Whiting, Scottish Women’s Aid
11:45- 12:00 Short break
1) 99 problems and rape culture’s one
Nadine Jassat, Scottish Women’s Aid and Kim Smith, YWCA Scotland
2) “That’s so gay” Language matters- the impact of language in political and popular discourse
Amy Roch, LGBT Youth Scotland and Scottish Transgender Alliance
3) Are you ok? Top tips for listening and supporting family and friends
Lisa Rigby, Shakti Women’s Aid
13:00-14:00 Lunch (will not be provided)
13:45-14:00 Welcome back
14:00-15:00: Speak out
1) Feminist spring? Global action; global change
Jane Carnell, Abortion Rights Edinburgh and Lisa Rigby, peace activist/Shakti Women’s Aid
2) Being an active Bystander- hollaback and get savi
Ellie Hutchinson, Scottish Women’s Aid and Emily Martin, Hollaback Edinburgh
3) Get Active! Top tips for activists
Talat Yaqoob, White Ribbon Scotland
15:00-15:15 Short break
15:15-16:00 Networking event : Feminism Works!
Come to a speed networking event to chat feminism and work.
Book at www.surveymonkey.com/s/dayschool (deadline March 8th)