There are still spaces left for a free development day on effective campaigning for anyone working to prevent violence against women.
The event will be held at The Melting Pot, Rose Street, Edinburgh, on Tuesday 8 May and will be an opportunity to:
· Gain a broader understanding of the value of campaigning as a violence prevention activity
· Learn about the range of communication tools and tactics you can use to reach your target audience
· Learn lessons from campaigns that have succeeded in changing legislation or social attitudes
· Get tips from a politician, journalist and seasoned campaigners about how to campaign more effectively, even on a tight budget
· Learn how to develop a campaign strategy by working through an example that is relevant to your work.
The day runs from 10am- 4pm, it’s free and open to all with an interest in campaigning on gender equality/violence against women issues, not just people working in the sector - and lunch is provided.
For more information, or to book on to the day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and ideally by close of Wed 2nd May.